Happy New Year! With 2015 behind us and the new year already started, you have probably thought about what you want to create in your life in 2016! I want to share with you an exercise that my own mentor taught me that I found to be really powerful, especially if you fell short on meeting your goals in the past.
This exercise will help you to understand where you are and to meet yourself where you are at. This is really important when you make goals, whether it is to learn French (I was with my French-Canadien husband for 7 years and only just finished Rosetta Stone! So, yeah…), run a half marathon, or to finally heal your relationship with food and maintain your ideal weight. The deeper you go with these questions the more you will get out of them.
The questions to ask are:
- At the beginning of 2015, what were your goals for the next 12 months?
- Did you meet those goals?
- If you didn’t get the results you wanted, what are the reasons in your mind of why not?
- Do you believe that those reasons are true?
- What have you not been willing to do to reach your goal?
- What did you say you were going to do, but didn’t do, that would have changed your result?
- If you did get the results you wanted, what was it that helped you achieve them?
These questions are powerful because they help us see what is blocking us from moving forward, or what it is that helps us succeed.
Now that you’re ready to take action and achieve your goals, check out my blog post on 7 Powerful Steps to Reach Any Goal.
Let me know what came up for you in the comments below!